Welcome

elcome to the Digital Meltd0wn Music Blog. The aim of this blog is to introduce the readers to music that is out of print, commercially unavailable, released under a creative commons license, or with approval by the featured artist. The majority of the music posted here would be considered underground. Don't let that fool you into thinking that the music featured here might be any less enjoyable than that of the mainstream artists you hear on the radio, as this couldn't be further from the truth. Please keep in mind that the majority of the artists that appear on this blog, along with their respective record labels, are not wealthy and need your support. If you enjoy the material that you find here, please support the artists/labels by purchasing their material afterwards. If you are an artist/label that would prefer to have your material removed from this blog, simply leave me a comment, and I would be more than happy to promptly remove the offending post. In addition to running this blog, I also work on a few other projects during my spare time. You can find links to those, as well as a few other important links associated with Digital Meltd0wn in the menu bar above.

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Local Artist Spotlight - The Luminaries


The Luminaries - You're So Cold


I've decided to add a new element to Digital Meltd0wn. I will be focusing on local musicians from the Northeast Tennessee/Western Virginia area that I live in, as well as artists that you all submit to me. Eventually I would like to expand on this idea, and perhaps pursue a blog devoted entirely to that concept. Of course my main focus would remain on the blog in front of you. The goal of this project is to garner some recognition for the countless number of bands who often remain unheard of because the effort they put into creating music is one of artistic expression rather than the commercial pursuit of money.

For now the spotlight will be a monthly endeavor. This month the spotlight is on The Luminaries, a local band from the Western Virginia area where I currently live, consisting of William Van Huss (Vocals, Guitar), Wayne "Brainz" Thomas (Vocals, Guitar), and Jack Costello (Drums). Their music is a bit different from the norm that you see on this blog, but I'm sure some of you will still find it enjoyable all the same. I posted their EP "You're So Cold" last week. Yesterday they released a video for the title track of the song, which I think turned out rather well.

Download: The Luminaries - You're So Cold EP (23.5MB)
Blog: http://theluminaries.blogspot.com
last.fm: http://www.last.fm/music/The+Luminaries
MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/waynebrainz

1 comments:

Zer0_II said...

If you have your own band which remains unsigned, and you have recorded material available to share, please send it to me if you would like to be featured on this blog.