Welcome

elcome to the Digital Meltd0wn Music Blog. The aim of this blog is to introduce the readers to music that is out of print, commercially unavailable, released under a creative commons license, or with approval by the featured artist. The majority of the music posted here would be considered underground. Don't let that fool you into thinking that the music featured here might be any less enjoyable than that of the mainstream artists you hear on the radio, as this couldn't be further from the truth. Please keep in mind that the majority of the artists that appear on this blog, along with their respective record labels, are not wealthy and need your support. If you enjoy the material that you find here, please support the artists/labels by purchasing their material afterwards. If you are an artist/label that would prefer to have your material removed from this blog, simply leave me a comment, and I would be more than happy to promptly remove the offending post. In addition to running this blog, I also work on a few other projects during my spare time. You can find links to those, as well as a few other important links associated with Digital Meltd0wn in the menu bar above.

Thursday, January 17, 2008

And the winner is....



As I said in my previous post, choosing the winner for this contest was very difficult for me. There were several entries that were my favorite throughout the contest, and I even ended up changing my mind at the last minute. Entries 1, 4, and 14 were my personal favorites, and I think any one of them would have looked great if they had been chosen as the winner. Someone left a comment saying that most of the entries looked too digital and not enough rock & roll. I would have to agree with that statement. A lot of the entries looked too clean and professional, which would have been great for a computer tech site, but I just didn't think it would be fitting of a music blog. There were banners that might have fit better with the overall design better, but in the end I had to go with entry #1 by Fill from Russia. I was captivated by his work from the very beginning, and I knew as soon as I saw it that the other participants would be hard-pressed to best him. His entry stood out to me as being the most original and artistic, which is exactly what I was hoping for. Entry #4 was a very close second, and I considered making it the winner several times, and had I not changed my mind at the last minute it would have been the winner. To everyone who participated in this contest.. I can't thank you enough for your hard work. There were many great entries, which made my decision difficult. I would also like to thank Sir Real Films and Trinity Comics for sponsoring this contest, and donating such a generous prize package. It wouldn't have been possible without them. Please visit their websites, located below, and help support two wonderful independent companies. I've added the winning banner to the header of the blog, however I'm having a little trouble out of blogger with the placement of the image. I'll try to get that fixed within the next couple of days.


Sir Reel Films - http://www.sirreelfilms.net/
Sir Reel Films Blog - http://sirreelfilms.blogspot.com
Trinity Comics/The Wraith - http://www.the-wraith.com

3 comments:

HiFidiot said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
HiFidiot said...

very good choice! looks great! i love that!

Tennessee Jed said...

Looks great, you will have to modify your template and drop the old block. Other than that it rocks!