Welcome

elcome to the Digital Meltd0wn Music Blog. The aim of this blog is to introduce the readers to music that is out of print, commercially unavailable, released under a creative commons license, or with approval by the featured artist. The majority of the music posted here would be considered underground. Don't let that fool you into thinking that the music featured here might be any less enjoyable than that of the mainstream artists you hear on the radio, as this couldn't be further from the truth. Please keep in mind that the majority of the artists that appear on this blog, along with their respective record labels, are not wealthy and need your support. If you enjoy the material that you find here, please support the artists/labels by purchasing their material afterwards. If you are an artist/label that would prefer to have your material removed from this blog, simply leave me a comment, and I would be more than happy to promptly remove the offending post. In addition to running this blog, I also work on a few other projects during my spare time. You can find links to those, as well as a few other important links associated with Digital Meltd0wn in the menu bar above.

Friday, April 25, 2008

1910 Fruitgum Co. - Indian Giver


Thanks for all your comments guys and gals. It's been fun guest blogging here for the week. I'll leave you with one last little groovin' record. This one is from the legendary 1910 Fruitgum Company. This was one of the great bubblegum bands of the late 60's. As with everything else on Buddah Records, at the time, they played some infectiously catchy tunes and were even part of the Kasenetz-Katz Singing Orchestral Circus, as well. This is a fitting album to end my stint here on since I began with the Tater Totz album on which they did a cover of a song that is on here in its original form, "1, 2, 3 Red Light". Actually, I don't even know why they call this stuff "bubblegum" since some of it is pretty raw and could even pass for biker rock of the time. Anyway, I defy you to not have fun listening to this classic slab of. . . digitally compressed audio, ha! Get out your trip toys and go to the lake or beach or wherever you gotta go to get your groove on and burn this one for the road.

Thanks for having me Zer0 and thanks for listening to all of you!

Track List:
1. Indian Giver
2. No Good Annie
3. I've Got To Have Your Love
4. Good Good Lovin'
5. Candy
6. Special Delivery
7. Game Of Love
8. Let's Make Love
9. Groovy Groovy
10. Sweet Lovin'
11. Cotton Candy Castle
12. 1, 2, 3 Red Light
13. Simon Says
14. Reflections From The Looking Glass

Download: 1910 Fruitgum Co. - Indian Giver

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the album! :D

Are you maybe thinking of starting your own blog now?

Zer0_II said...

He already has four of his own blogs. You can find them below:

http://mansonmusic.blogspot.com/
http://psychezenobia.blogspot.com/
http://nitegaunt.blogspot.com/
http://theluminaries.blogspot.com/

Zer0_II said...

Thank you for accepting my offer to guest blog here PZ. I only hope that any guest bloggers that I may invite in the future do as well as you did. I'm sure that the visitors here enjoyed the material that you decided to share.

Anonymous said...

oo yeah!! man its so damn good! I think its the best post of PZ guest blogging week. realy sweet and freaky 1910 Fruitgum Company stuff. Thank you PZ for all yor work too. I realy enjoyed it!
And , Zero,I want you to know that I am always glad to join your guest blogger ivitation.

Erika said...

Great work on the blog! Keep providing all the greatest music to those out there who need to hear it! Really appreciate what you do!

Anonymous said...

thank you for teh memories of ´68

greetings from Germany: Bill.Bo