Welcome

elcome to the Digital Meltd0wn Music Blog. The aim of this blog is to introduce the readers to music that is out of print, commercially unavailable, released under a creative commons license, or with approval by the featured artist. The majority of the music posted here would be considered underground. Don't let that fool you into thinking that the music featured here might be any less enjoyable than that of the mainstream artists you hear on the radio, as this couldn't be further from the truth. Please keep in mind that the majority of the artists that appear on this blog, along with their respective record labels, are not wealthy and need your support. If you enjoy the material that you find here, please support the artists/labels by purchasing their material afterwards. If you are an artist/label that would prefer to have your material removed from this blog, simply leave me a comment, and I would be more than happy to promptly remove the offending post. In addition to running this blog, I also work on a few other projects during my spare time. You can find links to those, as well as a few other important links associated with Digital Meltd0wn in the menu bar above.

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Please Join the Digital Meltd0wn Social Network

I've begin working on a social network for Digital Meltd0wn. It is not intended to compete with any other social network, rather it will be a place for all of us music lovers to interact with one another and share music among other things. The network is fully functional at the moment, however I'm working quickly to improve as many things as possible in order to provide a more enjoyable experience there. I would be honored if you all join me there. For those of you who do decide to join, I could use a little help. At this point your suggestions and feedback would be a tremendous help. I'm working on coming up with a suitable name for the network instead of using the generic 'DM Social Network', so if you have any ideas please let me know. It would also be very helpful if you could upload music, videos, pictures, and create blog posts and groups - basically anything to make the network seem more alive. Inviting a few friends probably wouldn't hurt either. As I mentioned before, I have a lot of work to do, but I will do all I can to create a utopia for music lovers. Please refer to the links below if you are interested in becoming a part of this.

Digital Meltd0wn Social Network: http://digitalmeltd0wn.ning.com

0 comments: