Welcome

elcome to the Digital Meltd0wn Music Blog. The aim of this blog is to introduce the readers to music that is out of print, commercially unavailable, released under a creative commons license, or with approval by the featured artist. The majority of the music posted here would be considered underground. Don't let that fool you into thinking that the music featured here might be any less enjoyable than that of the mainstream artists you hear on the radio, as this couldn't be further from the truth. Please keep in mind that the majority of the artists that appear on this blog, along with their respective record labels, are not wealthy and need your support. If you enjoy the material that you find here, please support the artists/labels by purchasing their material afterwards. If you are an artist/label that would prefer to have your material removed from this blog, simply leave me a comment, and I would be more than happy to promptly remove the offending post. In addition to running this blog, I also work on a few other projects during my spare time. You can find links to those, as well as a few other important links associated with Digital Meltd0wn in the menu bar above.

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Doo Rag - Hussy Bowler/Grease & All 7"

7 comments:

RoryJ said...

I saw Doo Rag years ago when they opened for Beck when he played the Troc in Philly. I did not even know if anyone else had ever heard of them. Good on you for posting this.

RoryJ said...

I saw Doo Rag open for Beck several years ago in Philly. I did not know that anyone else had ever heard of them. Good on you for posting this.

said...

Z,
guess we were on the same wavelength this weak-end.

"essential listening for any fan of lo-fi, blues, punk, or experimental music, as it is an amalgom of these styles, and yet this still just isn't quite enough to explain their truly unique style" is a perfect description of MC&tSP that I posted.

You know I dig B. Log, I sent you a couple from your wants list some time back. Bring on the Doo Rag. Bring'em on!

icastico said...

Lovely band, but really best experienced live...the records, good as they are, just don't get across the energy.

Maks said...

A great lost classic. Thanks for posting!

Zer0_II said...

I envy those of you who had the chance to see Doo Rag live. One of my friends (Psyche Zenobia who occasionally posts on this blog, had the chance to see Doo Rag open for the Cramps. How fucking cool is that? Unfortunately for him he was wasted out of his mind and didn't really pay much attention to Doo Rag while they were on the stage.

Again, I'm glad that you all enjoyed this 7". I have a few more Doo Rag 7" releases that I'll be sharing over the course of the next couple of weeks.

Anonymous said...

I saw that show at the Troc too. Doo Rag killed it that night, so much energy they brought. I dare say they even upstaged Beck, although he put on a great show too. That was the Odelay tour, the last tour he did in smaller venues. Great fokking night that was.