Welcome

elcome to the Digital Meltd0wn Music Blog. The aim of this blog is to introduce the readers to music that is out of print, commercially unavailable, released under a creative commons license, or with approval by the featured artist. The majority of the music posted here would be considered underground. Don't let that fool you into thinking that the music featured here might be any less enjoyable than that of the mainstream artists you hear on the radio, as this couldn't be further from the truth. Please keep in mind that the majority of the artists that appear on this blog, along with their respective record labels, are not wealthy and need your support. If you enjoy the material that you find here, please support the artists/labels by purchasing their material afterwards. If you are an artist/label that would prefer to have your material removed from this blog, simply leave me a comment, and I would be more than happy to promptly remove the offending post. In addition to running this blog, I also work on a few other projects during my spare time. You can find links to those, as well as a few other important links associated with Digital Meltd0wn in the menu bar above.

Monday, December 13, 2010

Michael Hoenig - The Blob: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (1988 - 320kbps & FLAC)


4 comments:

Zer0_II said...

Ironically enough I was listening to an album called "The Blob and Other Creepy Sounds" whenever I happened across this post, which contains music from the original film. I believe the album is still in print, so I can't post it here, but you should check it out if you enjoy classic sci-fi music. I have to agree with you about the remake being superior to the original in this case. Unfortunately the majority of modern remakes fail miserably in their attempt to capture what made the original film so appealing. It seems as if Hollywood has ran out of ideas, and feels the need to ruin our beloved classics. Hopefully we'll see a resurgence of directors who are capable of producing their own brilliant original films.

Strange Ranger said...

@Zer0_II:I agree with you completely about those modern remakes. It seems like Hollywood is just gonna keep churning out mediocre remakes instead of taking a risk and laying down some money for an original film. Unfortunately, there is a threemake of The Blob in the works. At first, it looked as though Rob Zombie was going to do it, but blessedly, he has backed out. It will likely get made eventually. I don't even bother to hope anymore that these films will be good.

I'll check out that album you mentioned. Classic sci-fi music is definitely my cup of tea.

Mike Metzler said...

I'd love this in FLAC.
Thanks!

Brady said...

I just found your blog and love it. I help run a blog similar to yours and would like to talk to about a few things, if you don't mind. Great job on your blog and for using megaupload as aren't so aggressive and deleting links as other file hosters are. Hope to hear from you soon.