Welcome

elcome to the Digital Meltd0wn Music Blog. The aim of this blog is to introduce the readers to music that is out of print, commercially unavailable, released under a creative commons license, or with approval by the featured artist. The majority of the music posted here would be considered underground. Don't let that fool you into thinking that the music featured here might be any less enjoyable than that of the mainstream artists you hear on the radio, as this couldn't be further from the truth. Please keep in mind that the majority of the artists that appear on this blog, along with their respective record labels, are not wealthy and need your support. If you enjoy the material that you find here, please support the artists/labels by purchasing their material afterwards. If you are an artist/label that would prefer to have your material removed from this blog, simply leave me a comment, and I would be more than happy to promptly remove the offending post. In addition to running this blog, I also work on a few other projects during my spare time. You can find links to those, as well as a few other important links associated with Digital Meltd0wn in the menu bar above.

Thursday, February 04, 2010

The Lime Spiders - 25th Hour EP



This was the debut release by the Lime Spiders, issued as a double 7" by Green Records in 1983, and produced by Rob Younger of Radio Birdman fame. The Lime Spiders were the wildest of the Australian garage and punk rock bands, which is no small claim. Jello Biafra once said they were a "psychedelic slime band more hardcore than the Green Fuz" (who I think you'll find on one of the Pebbles compilation). After the release of this album they signed with the Citadel label and released the monumental hit single "Slave Girl". There isn't a bad track on this EP. It's non-stop frenzied rock and roll from start to finish, reminiscent of the MC5, mixed with a small dose of psychedelia ala Chocolate Watch Band. This album comes highly recommended.

Track List:
1. 1-2-5
2. Can't Wait Long
3. That's How It Will Be
4. 25th Hour


Download: Lime Spiders 25th Hour EP
Download Size: 11.4MB

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought Lime Spiders was the name Cold Chisel used when they wanted to play a gig under another name. Thanks for posting this, I will definitely check this out.

Slobodan Burgher said...

Thanks for this.

2 Lime Spiders LPs will be find at my blog, and Twillightzone & DiscoBraunfeld's got each side of that brilliant mini-LP on their blogs. For other Oz-freaks like me...

:)

Anonymous said...

mike could you please contact me on msn I will be around between 6-10 pm

peace

raysun

Zer0_II said...

Slobodan Burgher: I just wanted to thank you for visiting my blog and leaving comments often. I'm glad that you like it. I had you in mind when I posted this album, because I saw where you commented about a Lime Spiders LP on another blog (probably Twilightzone) Thanks for the info about the other Lime Spiders LPs. I'm going to attempt to find and download them now.

Raysun: I'll do my best to catch you on. I'll probably be online most of the night because I have nothing else to do :\

Anonymous said...

YES!!
Great stuff as usual from your blog!
I have a request: THE PAGANS "Shit Street".
Keep the good stuff comin!!
/TommyGun.

Zer0_II said...

Thanks TommyGun.. I'll do my best to keep the good stuff coming. I added your request to my list, and I'll search for it and post it if I can find it.

Anonymous said...

I have the "Slave Girl" EP which contains these 4 tracks, plus one more called "Beyond the Fringe". It is great stuff. My personal fave is "25th Hour", IMO the greatest garage punk song ever recorded.

-andy

Zer0_II said...

@Andy: I believe that the Slave Girl EP is the only one that I don't have, although I have all of their recorded material courtesy of other EPs, and the Nine Miles High compilation.

I would have to agree with you about 25th Hour. Slave Girl, 25th Hour, and Out of Control are all absolutely amazing. I only wish that their later efforts weren't so tame in comparison.

Sven_H said...

could you repost this?

Jacques de Villiers said...

Without making this post eligible as spam, I was just wondering what policy you guys have for someone who is interested in promoting their own music through this blog. At the very worst, you get to listen to some new music :)

If you're interested, I have an album called sleepsongs available here: http://www.mediafire.com/?l0nnyyn2imz

If you want a decent image of the album cover, email me at nowideau@gmail.com

Many thanks. I hope I have not inconvenienced you.

Peace out,
Jacques

Zer0_II said...

Jacques: I've been considering devoting a specific day of the week to highlighting independent artists such as yourself. I've had a number of people send me their albums for inclusion on the blog, and I'm certainly open to idea, as the whole purpose of the blog is to introduce people to artists they might not be familiar with. You haven't inconvenienced me in the least, and should I decide to post your album I'll be sure to send you an e-mail to inform you. Thanks for considering us.