Welcome

elcome to the Digital Meltd0wn Music Blog. The aim of this blog is to introduce the readers to music that is out of print, commercially unavailable, released under a creative commons license, or with approval by the featured artist. The majority of the music posted here would be considered underground. Don't let that fool you into thinking that the music featured here might be any less enjoyable than that of the mainstream artists you hear on the radio, as this couldn't be further from the truth. Please keep in mind that the majority of the artists that appear on this blog, along with their respective record labels, are not wealthy and need your support. If you enjoy the material that you find here, please support the artists/labels by purchasing their material afterwards. If you are an artist/label that would prefer to have your material removed from this blog, simply leave me a comment, and I would be more than happy to promptly remove the offending post. In addition to running this blog, I also work on a few other projects during my spare time. You can find links to those, as well as a few other important links associated with Digital Meltd0wn in the menu bar above.

Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Abyssinian Baptist Gospel Choir - Shakin' The Rafters



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this a great choice. I've had Can't keep it to myself on a Columbia sampler LP but never heard the whole thing.

J

PI Archive said...

Can't wait to hear this. Thank you. I share your opinions on religion AND your opinions on energetic music (religious messages aside). The Tom Waits recommendation is a plus too! Thank you.

art58koen said...

Many thanks for this hard to find album! You might be interested in my latest post:

http://drfeelgoed.multiply.com/music/item/2426/MOJO_Presents_Step_Right_Up_Compiled_by_Tom_Waits

http://drfeelgoed.multiply.com/photos/album/74/MOJO_200_-_Tom_Waits

Anonymous said...

thanks a lot for this. just read about this from Tom Waits, too. Cheers

Zer0_II said...

Anonymous J: I'm glad you appreciate my selection. Would you mind telling me which Colombia sampler you are referring to. There are a couple that I know of. I hope you enjoy being able to listen to the album in it's entirety

Ringside: Thanks for commenting. I have a lot of respect for people who are able to look past an idealogy that they don't agree with, and are able to enjoy something amazing that was born as a result of that particular ideology.

drfeelgoed: You're very welcome, and thank you for the link to the post. I'll check it out as soon as I finish commenting.

Anonymous 2: Thanks for taking the time to comment. It's always great to actually read people's comments, even if they are from anonymous people, rather than look at download statistics. I hope you enjoy this gem as much as I did.

Anonymous said...

hi! thanx for posting this! i read an article in mojo about it & it sounded intriguing. thanx for giving me a chance to check it out before i buy it. best wishes, ubique

Anonymous said...

Hi thanks for posting this...

also this is a great blog..

alas the link has expired..any chance of a repost?

peace everytime

asher dust

said...

to asher dust,
this is available from Amazon as mp3 download so I won't be re-upping this.
sorry.