Welcome

elcome to the Digital Meltd0wn Music Blog. The aim of this blog is to introduce the readers to music that is out of print, commercially unavailable, released under a creative commons license, or with approval by the featured artist. The majority of the music posted here would be considered underground. Don't let that fool you into thinking that the music featured here might be any less enjoyable than that of the mainstream artists you hear on the radio, as this couldn't be further from the truth. Please keep in mind that the majority of the artists that appear on this blog, along with their respective record labels, are not wealthy and need your support. If you enjoy the material that you find here, please support the artists/labels by purchasing their material afterwards. If you are an artist/label that would prefer to have your material removed from this blog, simply leave me a comment, and I would be more than happy to promptly remove the offending post. In addition to running this blog, I also work on a few other projects during my spare time. You can find links to those, as well as a few other important links associated with Digital Meltd0wn in the menu bar above.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Recommendations/Requests - Please Read

I'm having some problems with the upload host that I normally use. So I thought I would take this time to see if any of you might have requests for me. Please don't let the fact that something might be obscure stop you from requesting something, because I'm normally able to find rare albums.

I also wanted to ask you all to recommend some music to me. I realize that you all aren't capable of knowing what I've heard, and what I haven't, but there's a good chance that I might not have heard it, so please just throw out anything you can think of.

Hopefully I'll be able to resume uploading material sometime tonight. Oh yeah.. almost forgot to mention. Someone from Touch and Go/Quarterstick Records has asked me to remove the album "Songs About Fucking" by Big Black, so I've went ahead and removed that from my blog. I personally think this is a mistake on their behalf, because in a lot of cases people download 'pirated music' in order to hear a band that they wouldn't be willing to take a chance and buy. Then if they like the band they will go pick up the album at the store in order to support that artist. Oh well..

21 comments:

Phibez said...

Hey deputy Dawg get over to my blog at Phibezeria.blogger.com
guess who this is !!!!!!

Does the name Phibes ring a bell !

Phibez said...

sorry its new - I meant http://phibez.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Hi, cool blog.
Can't think of anything to request at the moment, I'm sure that will change...

Recommended:
Los Peyotes - 2006 - Cavernvcolas
Los Saicos
Tav Falco
King Khan % BBQ
The Fiends

Easy to find with a blogger search.

Zer0_II said...

Hey Phibes.. get ahold of me on messenger sometime. I'll let you know what's going on with the forum I'm having major troubles getting on the old hyperboards forum. I'll check out your blog.. Thanks for finding and writing me my friend. Keep in touch

Thanks for the recommendations dgrador.. I'll be sure to check them out.

Please keep the recommendations coming everyone...

Phibez said...

No probz - I will be in contact within a day or 2.

Just on the requests side of things, I am having a lot of dificulty getting hold of music by Philip Glass, and wondered if you could find any of his work out there, also any Kraftwerk Albums, I dont like live albums though - sound quality is always awful

Zer0_II said...

Cool.. I look forward to speaking to you again. It's been too long. I miss everyone from the forum.

Kraftwerk wouldn't be a problem at all. I'm not sure about Philip Glass because I'm not familiar with him, but I can check on it for you. Are there any particular albums by either of them that you would prefer to have?

Anonymous said...

One request!!
Lipstick Killers - Mesmerizer (1984)

Slobodan Burgher said...

A couple off requests off my head:

The Wipers -The Herd
The Wipers -Rarities (Bootleg)
The Wipers -Official Live Recordings or Bootlegs
The Wipers - Power in One
The Wipers - Follow Blind
The Wipers - The Wipers

The Cramps - ROCKINNREELIN...
The Cramps - Stay Sick
The Cramps - Look Mom, No Head!
The Cramps - Flame Job
The Cramps - Big Beat From Badsville

Anything by Fred Cole of Dead Moon's old bands like
The Rats, Western Front & The Range Rats.

Stooges - Metalic K.O (Live / Bootleg)

Any rare & obscure Billy Childish stuff...

Anything by the great spazz-out kraut-rock band CIRCLE from Finland. Got some stuff already and will try to put it up on my blog soon but...

I seem to remember hearing about some Californian punk band called "Child Molestors", it would be cool to hear that band...

Been looking for some Amebix stuff too like:

No Gods (Live)
No Masters (Live)
The Power Remains
Make Some Fucking Noise! (Live)
...as well as the Zygote (members of Amebix later band) demos...
...and finally been looking for the recent "Amebix Japan: Tribute To Amebix" record.

Oh shit how much did I write? Well whatever etc anyway!

Thanks kid!

Slobodan Burgher

www.slobodanburgher.co.uk

Anonymous said...

Pop Rivets - Greatest Hits (1979)

Anonymous said...

request:
The Cynics - Rock 'n' Roll

Phibez said...

Zer0, I'm really after early "Public Image" tracks - I dont suppose you got any to post have you? Its easy getting hold of the later stuff I cant find the early ones

Zer0_II said...

Thanks for all the recommendations/requests everyone. I'll put these all on a list and begin trying to track them down tomorrow.

Keep them coming, and don't be too shy about throwing out a recommendation.

Anonymous said...

How about "The Boys and Girls in America" by the Hold Steady. It's being widely discussed in the alt music press right now and I think a lot of readers/listeners would find it interesting and, well, rockin'.

Anonymous said...

Well I'm searching for almost a year now for some music from the 80's:

17 pygmies - Hatikva EP or Myssifish CD (as long as the song "Lawrence of Arabia" is included)

The Wolfgang Press - Burden of Mules CD ("Prostitute"1 and2)

Just a request...

Anonymous said...

Hi, i'm looking for The Passions first
Album "Michael and Miranda", any chance to see it here?

Anyway, thanks in advance.

Captain Beyond said...

Thanks for the great site!
I was wondering if you have The Electric Prunes' "Just Good Old Rock And Roll" from 1969.
Greatly appreciated!

Cpt. Beyond

Anonymous said...

and speaking of Big Black's "Songs about fucking", see what Steve Albini has to say on the matter: http://www.negativland.com/albini.html

Zer0_II said...

To Everyone Who Has Made a Request: I haven't had a lot of free time on my hands lately due to a busy work schedule. I haven't forgotten about your requests, nor have I stopped searching for them. I have saved the request list to my hdd, and I will continue to update it with new requests, as well as search for the ones already made. Feel free to keep the requests coming. I'll try to link to this post from the main page, so you all don't have to go through the archive to get to it.

To Mary Poppins:. I don't really have the time to transcribee my thoughts about the effects of piracy on the music industry right now, but perhaps one day I will devote a post entirely to it. I'm a big fan of Albini, but I can't take what he wrote seriously, because the figures are completely exaggerated.

Anonymous said...

Hi. Some nice shares. Here's a rarity request for you. An album called A Pot Of Flowers, released in 1967. It's a compilation album of garage bands of the era. Thanx.

noquarter said...

Hey could you get 'Guitar Absolution in the shade of a Midnight Sun' by Jesse Harper???

noquarter said...

Also would you be able to upload 'Stoned Guitar' by Human instinct or any other albums by them. They are heavy psyche in the same vein as Blue Cheer