Welcome

elcome to the Digital Meltd0wn Music Blog. The aim of this blog is to introduce the readers to music that is out of print, commercially unavailable, released under a creative commons license, or with approval by the featured artist. The majority of the music posted here would be considered underground. Don't let that fool you into thinking that the music featured here might be any less enjoyable than that of the mainstream artists you hear on the radio, as this couldn't be further from the truth. Please keep in mind that the majority of the artists that appear on this blog, along with their respective record labels, are not wealthy and need your support. If you enjoy the material that you find here, please support the artists/labels by purchasing their material afterwards. If you are an artist/label that would prefer to have your material removed from this blog, simply leave me a comment, and I would be more than happy to promptly remove the offending post. In addition to running this blog, I also work on a few other projects during my spare time. You can find links to those, as well as a few other important links associated with Digital Meltd0wn in the menu bar above.

Friday, January 25, 2013

David Bowie - Images 1966-1967


As promised, something to really sink your teeth into...

I thought everything of Bowie's was readily available in various formats. Had I known this ‘Bonus Pak™ 2 Record Set” of David Bowie Images 1966-1967 was out of print, I would have posted it before now. I was a fan of earlier Bowie, probably from Space Oddity (1969) through Low (1977).

I have read various articles stating that Images is for Bowie purists or completists, but I don’t necessarily agree. Although this material precedes Space Oddity by several years & is acoustic, a capella, & highly theatrical in a less Ziggy/Thin White Duke, more traditional vein, there are songs on this album that are superb. Phenomenal Bowie tunes abound: “Love You Till Tuesday”; “When I Live a Dream”; “London Boys”; but there are other gems not so commonly known: “Gospel According to Tony Day”; “We Are Hungry Men”; “She’s Got My Medals” “In the Heat of the Morning”; all are right up there with Bowie’s best.

This was released on cd in Australia under the title Rock Reflections & is no longer in print. Copies of this go for $40 - $200 or more used on the interweb.

If you aren’t familiar with these tunes, give it a go. It’s well worth the download time & hard-drive space. Essential Bowie.

Year of Release: 1973
Label: London BP 628/9
Genre: Acoustic rock

Tracklist:
BP 628
Side One
Rubber Band
Maid of Bond Street
Sell Me a Coat
Love You Till Tuesday
There is a Happy Land

Side Two
The Laughing Gnome
Gospel According to Tony Day
Did You Ever Have a Dream
Uncle Arthur
We Are Hungry Men
When I Live My Dream

BP 629
Side Three
Join the Gang
Little Bombadier
Come & Buy My Toys
Silly Boy Blue
She’s Got My Medals

Side Four
Please Mr. Gravedigger
London Boys
Karma Man
Let Me Sleep Beside You
In the Heat of the Morning

Download: David Bowie - Images 1966-1967
Download Size: 135.246MB (ripped from much loved vinyl at 320Kbps)

9 comments:

Kyri said...

Hey folks,

Love Bowie, never heard this though. Thanks for the link x

said...

to Kyri
Four of these songs are on Bowie at the Beeb in different versions, but this is their origin. Glad to post up some Bowie that you haven't heard.

marino said...

Bowie. Great as always.

wytchcroft said...

and Bowie's retake on these is STILL in the vaults! sigh.

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot. Your work is superb.

Javier.
Lima, Perú.

Becca said...

I have a box of Vynils I am looking to sell, this David bowie-Images 1966-1967 if one of them, in great condition, how much is it worth?

Becca said...

I have a box of Vynil records I am looking to sell, this one is part of the collection David Bowie Images 1966-1967, It is in great condition as are all of them,how much is this worth? How should I go about selling these?

Becca said...

Is there an echo in here? lol, sorry I'm new at this and didn't see that my first post went thru correctly.

A-Mfan said...

I always wanted this one but it was always so expensive. Thanks for sharing it.