Welcome

elcome to the Digital Meltd0wn Music Blog. The aim of this blog is to introduce the readers to music that is out of print, commercially unavailable, released under a creative commons license, or with approval by the featured artist. The majority of the music posted here would be considered underground. Don't let that fool you into thinking that the music featured here might be any less enjoyable than that of the mainstream artists you hear on the radio, as this couldn't be further from the truth. Please keep in mind that the majority of the artists that appear on this blog, along with their respective record labels, are not wealthy and need your support. If you enjoy the material that you find here, please support the artists/labels by purchasing their material afterwards. If you are an artist/label that would prefer to have your material removed from this blog, simply leave me a comment, and I would be more than happy to promptly remove the offending post. In addition to running this blog, I also work on a few other projects during my spare time. You can find links to those, as well as a few other important links associated with Digital Meltd0wn in the menu bar above.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Gottfried Huppertz - Metropolis: Complete Motion Picture Score (1927)






13 comments:

Delta9 said...

Is it mentioned in the sleeve notes who publishes the music and where I can get them for performance?

Zer0_II said...

@Delta9: The music recorded for the DVD was never released, although a few composers have released their own recordings of the score. Or are you referring to the sheet music?

Devon Henderson said...

Oh my God, dude or dudette, you are my hero. This score, to me, helped DEFINE the film, and I've been searching everywhere for it... THANK YOU.

Chloworm said...

I'm trying to find the sheet music for this piece, and I've been searching desperately. Do you have any idea where I could find it??!

Zer0_II said...

@Devon: You're more than welcome. This film was one of the most important in the whole of the science-fiction genre, and I'm actually surprised that more people weren't excited to see this posted here. Thank you for taking the time to comment.

@Chloeworm: Sheet music isn't exactly my specialty, but I will see what I can dig up. If I find anything I'll leave a comment here and on one of your blogs also.

harry lime said...

wonderful score shame its so difficult to find a regular cd version of the original huppertz written version . just bought the blu ray disc of the restored version AWESOME!! thank you for this auio rip of the soundtrack

Anonymous said...

thanks for the music from Metropolis. I hope i can find the music to the movie " Die Niebelungen(1924)I and II

Colin Low said...

I just watched this movie tonight, and the grandiose score was what stuck out to me most. Thanks so much for providing it!

Anonymous said...

I don't think there was an "official" score to the great majority of silent film, they were usually played with a pianist or organist improvising to the picture. I would guess that this is just one composer's take on the film.

I saw this film played twice recently, each time with a pianist improvising to the pictures. Both of these artists were highly specialized accompanists, specialized in the genre.

sam

Joseph "Alex" Cooper said...

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much! Love the music!

James said...

Hey, great post. Unfortunately the links to the original soundtrack are no longer working. It'd be great if you were able to provide fresh links! Thanks.

said...

to James,

This is available from Amazon as mp3 download so won't be re-uploading this.

Sorry