Welcome

elcome to the Digital Meltd0wn Music Blog. The aim of this blog is to introduce the readers to music that is out of print, commercially unavailable, released under a creative commons license, or with approval by the featured artist. The majority of the music posted here would be considered underground. Don't let that fool you into thinking that the music featured here might be any less enjoyable than that of the mainstream artists you hear on the radio, as this couldn't be further from the truth. Please keep in mind that the majority of the artists that appear on this blog, along with their respective record labels, are not wealthy and need your support. If you enjoy the material that you find here, please support the artists/labels by purchasing their material afterwards. If you are an artist/label that would prefer to have your material removed from this blog, simply leave me a comment, and I would be more than happy to promptly remove the offending post. In addition to running this blog, I also work on a few other projects during my spare time. You can find links to those, as well as a few other important links associated with Digital Meltd0wn in the menu bar above.

Thursday, September 30, 2010

X Minus One Radio Show (Complete Series - 126 Episodes) (1955-1958)



5 comments:

J-Unit 1 said...

This is great stuff. I actually played through all of these on the show in the past. The addition of the images etc... is fantastic. A nice ending to the month.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for these!

I started downloading disk 2, only to find that it's on Rapidshare, so painfully slow download speed and 15 minutes wait between each part, so 3.5 hours downloading time. Bearable after all these years, but not when I discovered that Part 1 is in named Part 2 (and possibly really is Part 2).
So I went to http://www.archive.org/details/OTRR_Certified_X_Minus_One and downloaded the whole of the disk in one zip file in half the time it took Rapidshare to send each part.
The one problem with archive.org is the sheer volume of wonderful stuff (I recently found recordings of the original dada performances from the 20's) so thanks for highlighting these. I'm now looking forward to long winter evenings listening.

Unknown said...

oh! wow! thanks...!
but...why rapidshare, why...
jaja

thanks anyway
great blog

Zer0_II said...

I apologize for the Rapidshare links. If you follow my blog you will notice that I prefer to upload all of my files to Mediafire. I'm not very fond of Rapidshare's wait time myself, and have never understood why so many people prefer it over other hosting services that do not require a wait time.

However, the links in the post are not my own. They were passed on to me by a contributor who wishes to remain anonymous. Rather than re-upload all of them to a different file hosting service service, which would have taken me a very long time, and prevented me from being able to post some of the other material I had planned to post, I decided to simply post the links that were passed on to me.

Perhaps I will re-upload these files to a different service in due time, as it is only a matter of time before they are removed from rapidshare. If I do decide to re-up these to a different service, which one would you all prefer that I use? As I mentioned before, I tend to use Mediafire because there is no wait time for those without a premium account, as opposed to the more popular services such as Rapidshare & Megaupload that have both wait times and download limits.

Unknown said...

mediafire will be great.
i really aprecciate your work.

gracias
adios

Mixtape³