Welcome

elcome to the Digital Meltd0wn Music Blog. The aim of this blog is to introduce the readers to music that is out of print, commercially unavailable, released under a creative commons license, or with approval by the featured artist. The majority of the music posted here would be considered underground. Don't let that fool you into thinking that the music featured here might be any less enjoyable than that of the mainstream artists you hear on the radio, as this couldn't be further from the truth. Please keep in mind that the majority of the artists that appear on this blog, along with their respective record labels, are not wealthy and need your support. If you enjoy the material that you find here, please support the artists/labels by purchasing their material afterwards. If you are an artist/label that would prefer to have your material removed from this blog, simply leave me a comment, and I would be more than happy to promptly remove the offending post. In addition to running this blog, I also work on a few other projects during my spare time. You can find links to those, as well as a few other important links associated with Digital Meltd0wn in the menu bar above.

Friday, October 24, 2008

Jerry Goldsmith - The Omen OST + 3 Cover Versions of Ave Satani


As I mentioned in my previous post, I'm going to post a few classic horror soundtracks/scores before the Halloween countdown is over. I will be keeping these posts short and sweet seeing as how these soundtracks are famous throughtout the world, and there isn't much that I can write about them that hasn't already been written. This will also give me more time to finish putting together my finale for the countdown.

The score to The Omen is a great example of a score that is able to rise above and beyond the movie that it was written for. Without this score The Omen wouldn't have glued audiences to their theatre seats in terror in 1976. It is easily one of the most frightening scores ever composed for a horror movie, and ranks as one of the best scores written during the long and distinguished career of prolific composer Jerry Goldsmith. Goldsmith won the Oscar for Best Original Score in 1976, which would also be the only Oscar that Goldsmith received in his career. Ave Satani was also nominated for best song, which makes it one of the few Non-English songs to ever be nominated for an Oscar.

As a bonus I have also included three covers of Ave Satani, all of which are unique from the original, yet excellent in their own right. The first one is performed by Fantômas from the "Director's Cut" album, the second by Gregorian from the album "The Dark Side", and the last by Death SS from the album "Come to the Sabbath".

Track List:
1. Ave Satani
2. The New Ambassador
3. Killer's Storm
4. A Sad Message
5. The Demise of Mrs. Baylock
6. Don't Let Him
7. The Piper Dreams
8. The Fall
9. Safari Park
10. The Dog's Attack
11. The Homecoming
12. The Altar

Download: Jerry Goldsmith - The Omen OST
Download Size: 31MB

Bonus Tracks:
Fantômas - The Omen (Ave Satani) (3MB)
Gregorian - Ave Satani (5MB)
Death SS - Ave Satani (5MB)

7 comments:

Perro Negro said...

Hi, excuse my English, but I`m from Argentina and speak spanish.
I´ve looked? your blog and it´s really incredible!!!
Thanks for share!!!
Greatings?

Zer0_II said...

perro negro: Thank you for the kind words perro. I'm glad that you enjoy the blog. Take care.

SeokYoung.Kim said...

I was looking for, thank you so much material.
Omen OST all the best.

Anonymous said...

It is certainly interesting for me to read the article. Thanks for it. I like such themes and anything connected to them. I would like to read more soon.

Anonymous said...

It was very interesting for me to read the blog. Thank you for it. I like such topics and everything that is connected to this matter. I definitely want to read a bit more on that blog soon.

Anonymous said...

Don't stop posting such articles. I like to read blogs like this. By the way add some pics :)

RamSeS said...

Thanks alot for making this available! Great avatars too =)
Keep on the good job,
Respect!