Welcome

elcome to the Digital Meltd0wn Music Blog. The aim of this blog is to introduce the readers to music that is out of print, commercially unavailable, released under a creative commons license, or with approval by the featured artist. The majority of the music posted here would be considered underground. Don't let that fool you into thinking that the music featured here might be any less enjoyable than that of the mainstream artists you hear on the radio, as this couldn't be further from the truth. Please keep in mind that the majority of the artists that appear on this blog, along with their respective record labels, are not wealthy and need your support. If you enjoy the material that you find here, please support the artists/labels by purchasing their material afterwards. If you are an artist/label that would prefer to have your material removed from this blog, simply leave me a comment, and I would be more than happy to promptly remove the offending post. In addition to running this blog, I also work on a few other projects during my spare time. You can find links to those, as well as a few other important links associated with Digital Meltd0wn in the menu bar above.

Friday, October 01, 2010

Halloween Countdown 2010 Begins


October is here, which means that "Halloween Countdown 2010" has officially begun. Halloween Countdown is a community wide event that many different bloggers take part in every October. Basically what we do is post a Halloween related item every day until October 31st arrives. Unfortunately I wasn't able to take part in the event last year because I was moving and without internet access, so I'm really happy to be able to take part in it this year. I'll be putting up a list of all the bloggers I know of that are participating in this event, and I also plan to create a Halloween Countdown blogroll to place in the sidebar so that everyone can stay up to date with their latest posts.

I'm not really a big fan of the light-hearted material that other bloggers post for Halloween. You aren't going to see any "Monster Mash" or "Purple-People Eater" type of material posted here. Instead I will be focusing on material of a darker nature. As with other special events that take place on this blog, I will also be throwing in a few non-music related items. I plan to put up my collection of e-book scans of "Weird Tales Magazine", some old Warren horror comics such as "Creepy" and "Eerie", a few sound effects albums, and possibly even some more audiobooks. All you H.P. Lovecraft fans can also expect to see a few more posts inspired by the master of macabre.

That's enough talk for now, let's get this thing started....

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Coolness - been waiting all year!