Welcome

elcome to the Digital Meltd0wn Music Blog. The aim of this blog is to introduce the readers to music that is out of print, commercially unavailable, released under a creative commons license, or with approval by the featured artist. The majority of the music posted here would be considered underground. Don't let that fool you into thinking that the music featured here might be any less enjoyable than that of the mainstream artists you hear on the radio, as this couldn't be further from the truth. Please keep in mind that the majority of the artists that appear on this blog, along with their respective record labels, are not wealthy and need your support. If you enjoy the material that you find here, please support the artists/labels by purchasing their material afterwards. If you are an artist/label that would prefer to have your material removed from this blog, simply leave me a comment, and I would be more than happy to promptly remove the offending post. In addition to running this blog, I also work on a few other projects during my spare time. You can find links to those, as well as a few other important links associated with Digital Meltd0wn in the menu bar above.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Just Got Back From Florida

I just got back from the Down on the Farm music festival in Florida. The trip was twice as far as I've ever been away from home. I suppose you could say I've lived a bit of a sheltered life. I wasn't familiar with any of the bands that played, but they put on a great show regardless. While I was there I did volunteer work for an organization called Clean Vibes. I had a great time and met a lot of interesting people along the way. I plan on going to the Bonnaroo music festival next year, so if any of you plan on going and would like to meet up, or are interested in working at the festival, just leave me a comment on here.

I had intended to post and let everyone know that I was leaving and wouldn't be able to post any albums during that time, but I had too many things to do in order to prepare for the trip. I'm going to take the night off, but tomorrow I'll resume uploading albums.

I also wanted to say thank you to those of you who joined the Digital Meltd0wn group on last.fm We've passed the 15 member mark and now have our own charts. The forum is also beginning to stir, and the group radio has a diverse selection of great music to listen to.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to your mark on the last fm. I did joined the DM group, after some problems. Here in Brasil, I was on the Tim Music Festival, at Curitiba, where played Patti Smith, Yeah Yeah Yeahs and Beastie Boys. That was great! Anachronic, but great.