Welcome

elcome to the Digital Meltd0wn Music Blog. The aim of this blog is to introduce the readers to music that is out of print, commercially unavailable, released under a creative commons license, or with approval by the featured artist. The majority of the music posted here would be considered underground. Don't let that fool you into thinking that the music featured here might be any less enjoyable than that of the mainstream artists you hear on the radio, as this couldn't be further from the truth. Please keep in mind that the majority of the artists that appear on this blog, along with their respective record labels, are not wealthy and need your support. If you enjoy the material that you find here, please support the artists/labels by purchasing their material afterwards. If you are an artist/label that would prefer to have your material removed from this blog, simply leave me a comment, and I would be more than happy to promptly remove the offending post. In addition to running this blog, I also work on a few other projects during my spare time. You can find links to those, as well as a few other important links associated with Digital Meltd0wn in the menu bar above.

Saturday, November 04, 2006

last.fm Digital Meltd0wn Group

I apologize for the recent lack of updates, but I've been working long shifts at work lately. I'll be putting up a few albums later tonight after I get off of work.

I wanted to take this time to invite all of you who use last.fm to join the group that I have made. It's for people who visit this blog, and anyone else who happens to have eclectic taste in music. So far we have seven members, but hopefully that number will increase soon. We need at least 15 members in order for last.fm to generate charts based on our listening habits.

If you're unfamiliar with last.fm then I highly recommend that you check it out. In my opinion it's the best music related site on the net, and a great tool for discovering new music. For future reference, you can find the link to the last.fm DM group and my profile page in the sidebar of this blog.

last.fm Homepage - http://last.fm
My last.fm Profile - http://last.fm/user/Zer0_II
Digital Meltd0wn Group - http://last.fm/group/Digital+Meltd0wn

3 comments:

Zer0_II said...

I just wanted to say thank you to Vurt for joining the group. Now we only need 8 more people to join and we can have charts generated.

Anonymous said...

This blog is made of win.

Zer0_II said...

We have 13 members now. Only 2 more to go before we can begin having charts generated. If you've already joined the group and know of any friends whom you think might be interested, please send them an invite.

I have a few plans in mind for the group. I don't want it to just be a group with charts that never communicates with each other. I would like to get the forum active, and send some music invitations. I think it would be a great way for us to recommend new music and get to know each other a little better.